[RC6] line-height-bleed-001, 002 and 003 are imprecise or incorrect

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 21:15:07 -0800
To: "Arron Eicholz" <arron.eicholz@microsoft.com>
Arron,

[RC6]
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/line-height-bleed-001.htm

[nightly-unstable]
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/line-height-bleed-001.htm

The test is correct but

'line-height' is less than the content height and the height of the box
is not increased.">

should be instead

'line-height' is less than the content height.">

The chunk "and the height of the box is not increased" in the text
assert seems to me to be wrong.

-------------

[RC6]
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/line-height-bleed-002.htm

[nightly-unstable]
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/line-height-bleed-002.htm

This one is incorrect, wrong and deserves a re-write. And I think the
spec is guilty of imprecision too. More on that later, in www-style
mailing list.

Proposal:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/line-height-bleed-002-GT.html

Opera 11.60 overlaps/bleeds over strangely..

-------------

[RC6]
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/line-height-bleed-003.htm

[nightly-unstable]
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/line-height-bleed-003.htm

This one is incorrect, wrong. You see, if I replace

with

then the vertical gap is almost nil or, at best, extremely thin. The
thing is we still can not see - in a convincing manner - how the line
box can be taller than content area in the test. The glyphs of the
previous line box when close to max-ascent of next line box.

I am convinced this line-height-bleed-003 test is not testing what it
wanted/meant to test in the first place.

Christmas present proposal :) :

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/line-height-bleed-003-GT.html

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:
http://test.csswg.org/harness/

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: