Re: RC1 : 1st preliminary review report: list of 69 incorrect testcases

On 9/25/10 4:36 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
> My original point 14- [1] was about duplicated id in those testcases -
> many testcases - and that those testcases were relying on a script
> function being able to iterate through the collection of same, identical
> id-ed elements ... which is not an assured thing to happen.

They were relying on no such thing.  They _were_ relying on
getElementById returning the first element with that id in the document.

> The other points were presented as "other smaller problems" which could
> be fixed at the same time. My perspective is: if you are going to update
> a testcase (furthermore a batch of testcases; there are 208 testcases on
> table-anonymous-objects !), why not fix at the same time all of the
> [admittedly] smaller issues which are fixable and which were defined in
> the wiki wrt test format [2] and in CSS2.1 Test Case Authoring
> Guidelines (section 3.4) [3]? With an advanced text editor, it is very
> easy to make changes/updates to a batch of testcases.

It's also very easy to introduce bugs making such batch updates.  Some
of these testcases are very sensitive to things like exact whitespace, etc.

-Boris