Re: Proposed replacements for background-root-020.htm and tables-001.htm

On 09/11/2010 07:31 AM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> ==== Ian Hickson ====
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100815/html4/background-root-020.htm
>> There are no "links below". Also, the last two sentences should be
>> rewritten to not require an understanding of the specification
>

> Proposed replacement:
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/background-root-020.htm

Test updated. I didn't add the interact flag, but instead clarified
the instructions a little more. The test doesn't require interaction,
the pass/fail conditions are just easier to determine that way.

> --------------------
>
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100815/html4/tables-001.htm
>> This test could use a description/an explicit pass condition
>
> Proposed replacement:
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/tables-001.htm

I've copied your pass condition, but left most of the code alone.
I don't want to alter hixie's tests unless they're wrong -- it's
often hard to figure out what failure modes he had in mind, and
I'd rather not remove any. I'm not sure what he had in mind for
this one.

Also when updating tests, if you could avoid changing anything
that doesn't *need* changing (things like indentation and the like),
that would make it much easier for me to figure out what's changed
so I can review the changes.

BTW, an explanation of how the particular test works should be
placed in a comment, not in the test assertion. The test assertion
should be a general statement that the test is trying to prove.
So I've tried to rewrite your explanation as an assertion.