Re: Parsing Invalid Declarations with Character Escapes

oyvinds@opera.com wrote:
> Quoting Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>:
>
>> Alan Gresley wrote:
>>>
>>> Here are some test with "/" (character escapes) followed by a  number
>>> reserved for hexadecimals in declaration strings.
>>>
>>> <http://css-class.com/test/css-testsuite/css2.1/declaration-string-character-exscapes.htm>
>>> IE7 parses test 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and  17.
>>>
>>>  IE8 parses test 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17 and 18.
>>>
>>>  IE9 preview parses test 1 and 17.
>>
>> I should have said.
>>
>> Opera 10.50 and IE9 preview parses test 1 and 17.
>
> I don't think tests 1 and 17 are correct. "It is undefined in CSS 2.1
> what happens if a style sheet /does/ contain a character with Unicode
> codepoint zero."

On reading the spec [1], I see that you are correct. How about these
ones with "/000" and "/000000"?

<http://css-class.com/test/css-testsuite/css2.1/declaration-string-character-exscapes-000.htm>

IE7, IE9 preview, and other UAs show a green background in both test
where IE8 and Opera 10.50 show a red background.

1. <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#characters>

--
Alan http://css-class.com/