Microsoft's position-relative-nested-001

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 20:45:24 -0700
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
Cc: "Arron Eicholz" <arron.eicholz@microsoft.com>
Arron,

There are many problems with this testcase:

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_9/position-relative-nested-001.htm

1-
The swatch-red.png background-image is not properly linked:
url('/w3ccss../support/swatch-red.png')

2-
inner's height, which is the containing block for its sole child <p>,
depends on its content. inner's height is not set, specified. This makes
top: percentage resolved as auto.

"
If the height of the containing block is not specified explicitly (i.e.,
it depends on content height), and this element is not absolutely
positioned, the value computes to 'auto'.
"
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#the-height-property

3-
Even the calculations are wrong. swatch-red.png should be painted from
142px to 158px (I assume here that swatch-red.png is 16px tall, not 15px
tall to avoid fractions) while .inner will start being painted at pixel
150px, not at 142px. I have tested this carefully.

The beta3 version of the testcase
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100815/html4/position-relative-nested-001.htm
has doctype problems on top of all this.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (beta 3; August 15th 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors:
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/