Re: background-root-018's readibility style doesn't work in XHTML version

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 15:45:52 +1100
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
CC: Geoffrey Sneddon <gsneddon@opera.com>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, public-css-testsuite@w3.org
fantasai wrote:
> On 10/23/2010 10:31 AM, Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:
>> fantasai wrtoe:
>>> Fixed:
>>> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hixie/submitted/css2.1/colors/background-root-018.xht
>>>

>>> Let me know if it's good.
>>
>> Yeah, that looks fine. As far as I can tell, the grey border on body is
>> redundant, could probably remove that too.
>
> I wasn't sure if it was somehow part of the test or not, so I just made it
> gray...

Make the border of body lime (or other noticeable color). It part of
the test since it shows what the test states.

  > One of the cats should start exactly inside the top left
  > corner of the blue box (the HTML box).

The background image on the body is propagated to root element and the
initial image before repeat is positioned at the top left corner of
html. Try this to see.

background: red url(support/cat.png) no-repeat;

--
Alan http://css-class.com/