Re: floats-137 invalid

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 17:42:22 -0700
To: Geoffrey Sneddon <gsneddon@opera.com>
Cc: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, public-css-testsuite@w3.org, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Geoffrey Sneddon <gsneddon@opera.com> wrote:
> However, in general, it seems a good idea to change the test to a reftest,
> yet as it is now the reference differs from the test by way of AA artifacts.
> Any suggestion on how to create a reference that is identical?

Sure; just set up the text in the same way, and abspos elements into
place in the same spots that the floats should occupy.  Attached is a
modified test case that has identical AA behavior in all four of the
browsers I looked at it in.  (FF and Opera look different between the
test and the ref, but the AA behavior in the two of them is the same.)