Re: list-style-position-018 is invalid

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 22:33:17 -0700
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Cc: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

> The following tests:
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101001/html4/list-style-position-018.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101001/xhtml1/list-style-position-018.xht
> are invalid because of the first and second sentences after the
> first note in the definition of 'outside' in:
> http://www.w3.org/Style/Group/css2-src/generate.html#propdef-list-style-position
> (that is, the first and second sentences that are not in the public
> draft).
>
> Unfortunately, since I can't find a record of the text in question
> on a public mailing list, W3C confidentiality rules prevent me from
> quoting the text here.
>
> (I wish our editors drafts were public, but they're not.)

David,

So, what should I do now? Take your word for this and remove the testcase?
Or is there a way to "rescue" and rehabilitate that testcase?

Will I know one day what are those 2 sentences? It's reasonable for me
to be curious at this point..

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (RC2; October 1st 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors:
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/