Re: CSS2.1 Test Suite RC2 Release Notes

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 15:18:07 -0700
To: "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>, "Arron Eicholz" <arron.eicholz@microsoft.com>

> There is a new wiki page to help us track issues:
>    http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1/issues
> Please help us track error reports there!
> The following tests have significant substantive changes:
>    absolute-non-replaced-width-008
>    absolute-non-replaced-width-009

The title, the assert, the expected results and the code design of those
absolute-non-replaced-width-008 , 009 are still wrong, incorrect.
The only change I see is that #div1 is now width: 3in;

>    display-applies-to-002

That testcase has not been updated or corrected as far as I can see.
<abbr> is already, by default and by the spec, an inline element. So,
the testcase does not test what it meant to test to begin with.

I have proposed a replacement for display-applies-to-002.htm

>    left-091
>    left-092

left-091 and left-092 are now better but I think the testcases should
not be creating unexpectedly an horizontal scrollbar.

>    position-relative-nested-001

The proposed replacement was adopted ... but now the original/initial
test assert does not make sense. The code I provided was incidently
demonstrating that 'background-position: center center;' is not the same
as (and can not be considered as an equivalent of) 'top: 50%' or
'bottom: 50%;' or 'top: -50%' or 'bottom: 50%'. Relative positioning
will position *the top of* padding-box at 50% while background-position
will position *in the middle of* the padding box at 50%.

> The following tests were renamed:
>    dinamic-pseudo-classes-* to dynamic-pseudo-classes-*
>    counter-reset-increment-002 was renamed from something

  inspired by
  and by

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (RC2; October 1st 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors: