Re: Time for tests with script to settle?

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:10:44 -0700
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
On 09/30/2010 11:30 AM, L. David Baron wrote:
> Is there a known time that I can use for when to screenshot a test
> in the CSS 2.1 test suite after its onload fires?
> For example, if a testcase makes DOM manipulations 100ms after
> onload and requires those manipulations to have happened for the
> test to be valid, I can't screenshot it until after those 100ms have
> passed.
> Currently I'm running screenshots after a 2 second pause, but that
> makes doing the test runs really slow; I'd like to reduce it.

I have no idea. Most of the ones you and bzbarsky submitted use
other means to force reflow. The others I've come across were
by hixie and Gabreiele; I'm not sure about those.

The dynamic tests should all be flagged with the 'dom' flag,
which should help you with this... Can you grep for setTimeout
or something?