Re: [RC3] background-position-202 invalid; comma not a valid separator in CSS 2.1

Øyvind Stenhaug wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 20:22:32 +0100, Gérard Talbot
> <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:
>
>> .positive .control { background-position: 50%, 0%; }
>> What Firefox 3.6.12 does is to ignore the 0% value since there is only 1
>> background-image.
>> What Chrome 6, 7, Opera 10.63, Konqueror 4.5.2 do is to repeat the
>> background-image for the 2nd background-position (0%) value and doing
>> this is not correct.
>
> The number of background layers used to be determined differently ("N =
> max(M, R, S, P)", WD-css3-background-20080910). As far as I know we were
> given the impression that the spec was stable enough to be implemented
> without prefixes. So yeah, Opera 10.63 is failing this not because of
> CSS 2.1 bugs but because of an outdated/buggy CSS Backgrounds and
> Borders Level 3 implementation.

Hold on. This should not be a buggy CSS Backgrounds and Borders Level
3 implementation. This should be allowed. I will take this up further
on the CSS style list concerning the spec.

The used case for the current Opera 10.63 and Safari 5 behavior is
this (please use such browsers to see).

<http://css-class.com/test/css/backgrounds/one-image-multiple-positions.htm>

It recycles one image. Additionally, I only would want to have one
server request for a 62kb image.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/