Re: [RC3] background-position-202 invalid; comma not a valid separator in CSS 2.1

Alan Gresley wrote:
> Gérard Talbot wrote:
> [snip]
>> .positive .control { background-position: 50%, 0%; }
>> What Firefox 3.6.12 does is to ignore the 0% value since there is only 1
>> background-image.
>> What Chrome 6, 7, Opera 10.63, Konqueror 4.5.2 do is to repeat the
>> background-image for the 2nd background-position (0%) value and doing
>> this is not correct.
>>
>> .positive .control { background-position: 50%, 0%; }
>> should be parsed as
>> .positive .control { background-position: 50%; }
>> and then assume 'center' for vertical background-position because
>> "If only one value is specified, the second value is assumed to be
>> 'center'."
>>
>> Reduced testcase:
>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/background-position-202-experiments.htm
>>

>> IMO, the decisive issue here is that this CSS3 statement:
>> "
>> The lists are matched up from the first value:
>> excess values at the end are not used.
>> "
>> is not honored by Chrome 7, Opera 10.63 and Konqueror 4.5.2.
>>
>> regards, Gérard
>

> In don't know what FF is doing. I see no pink diamonds. Even adjusting
> the CSS to this.
>
> div
>   {
>   background-image: url("support/diamond.png");
>   background-position: 50%;
>   background-repeat: no-repeat;
>   height: 200px;
>   width: 200px;
>   }
>
> Thought I could show an image from my server.

Hello Gérard, this image,

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/support/diamond.png

shows in the center of the viewport in Opera 10.63 and the top left of
the viewport in Safari 5. It is not seen in IE8, IE9 beta nor FF 3.6.12.

The support folder does not show diamond.png image.

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/support/

What have you done Gérard, is this something server side?

--
Alan http://css-class.com/