Re: Several Microsoft testcases need corrections, tuning

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 10:01:26 -0700
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
Cc: "Arron Eicholz" <arron.eicholz@microsoft.com>

> 3-
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_9/positioning-float-002.xht
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_9/
> positioning-float-002.htm
>
> I have a 17 inches monitor screen. If "Floated element" is below or
> above
> "Filler Text" just by a few pixels, say 2px or 4px, then there is no way
> I am going to notice this. Imagine the people with much wider monitor
> screen.
>
> The pass/fail condition of the testcase is not necessarly easy to figure
> out. The testcase could be improved to avoid all this.

{(...) if the "Floated element" below is all on the same line as the
"Filler Text".}

Aaron,

Please forget about this one. When I resize the browser viewport, I can
easily compare the baselines of each chunks of text. ... Or maybe the
test should suggest this to verify/check this out.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (alpha 2; March 16th 2010):
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/20100316/html4/toc.html

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors:
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/