Re: About Microsoft test anonymous-box-generation-001.xht

On 03/19/2010 10:17 AM, Bruno Fassino wrote:

> But then the first mentioned test
>   http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_9/anonymous-box-generation-001.xht
> should probably have its assertion reworded since it claims to prove
> the "generation" of the anonymous box, which I don't think is
> something provable (at least in this case).
>
> Well, all this is probably just a theoretical matter.

The UA must either generate an anonymous box *or behave as if it does*.
Gecko, for example, does not generate an anonymous box, but in most
testable cases you can't tell that it doesn't. So the test can't prove
the generation of the box, but it could prove that the behavior is
identical to what would be expected if it generated the box.

~fantasai