Re: Invalid test cases (content: attr(<identifier>) content-161.html, 162, 163, 164)

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:06:11 -0700
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
Cc: "Arron Eicholz" <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>

> It seems as if the following test cases are invalid.
>
> content-161
> content-162
> content-163
> content-164
>
> All four cases are making the assumption that styles should apply to
> replaced elements. It is up to the UA which styles they apply to
> replaced elements. If they do apply styles they are to be considered
> experimental. Thus these test cases need to be modified to actually work
> in all scenarios or the cases need to be removed.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Arron Eicholz

Arron,

Fair enough. No problem. I am removing the 4 testcases. I just noticed a
note to that effect in section 12.1:

"
This specification does not fully define the interaction of :before and
:after with replaced elements (such as IMG in HTML).
"
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/generate.html#before-after-content

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (alpha 3; June 15th 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors:
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/