Re: Updated cases based on feedback

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 14:18:14 -0700
To: "Arron Eicholz" <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

> The following cases have been updated based on the feedback provided by
> multiple people.
> Corrected:
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_6/html-attribute-010.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_6/html-attribute-025.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_9/display-005.htm

Excerpt from

I do not see/understand the need to declare a box height of 50px.

The testcase assertion is definitely wrong because self-referring,
circularly-defining itself.

'inline-block' behaves in layout as an inline block." />

[Addendum: there is no such thing as an "inline block". In CSS 2.1,
there is "inline box" and "inline-block" but there is no such thing as
an "inline block"]

May I suggest/propose this as a replacement:

<link rel="help"
href="http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#display-prop" />
<link rel="help"
href="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#h-7.5.3" />
'inline-block' is formatted in layout as an inline-level element: it
creates a new block formatting context for its descendants but it is
laid out, flowed as an inline-level element. An inline-block does not
begin on a new line and does not require to begin on a new line." />

> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_9/positioning-float-002.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_11/overflow-applies-to-*.htm

I do not understand/do not see why the list marker should be *_to_* the
left of the blue box. Maybe I misunderstand how you use the "to"
preposition here. I think the list marker should be inside the blue box,
at its left side.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (alpha 2; March 16th 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors: