Re: Updated cases based on feedback

From: Gabriele Romanato <gabriele.romanato@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 20:15:37 +0200
Cc: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
To: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_6/html-attribute-010.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_6/html-attribute-025.htm

Form elements are not part of any CSS specification, so it's not well
defined how UA should handle them. Here it's assumed that 500 is
exactly equal to an equivalent CSS length, say, pixels. Sure, the
point of your test is demonstrating how cascade works by overriding
any XHTML attribute due to specificity and that's correct, but I'd
rather stick to a field contemplated in CSS specs, such as tables. For
example, you can test if a value for the 'text-align' property
overrides the 'align' attribute or something equivalent. In my
opinion, form elements should be used only when a module or a chapter
of the CSS specifications will  be available for reference. regards

http://www.css-zibaldone.com
http://www.css-zibaldone.com/test/  (English)
http://www.css-zibaldone.com/articles/  (English)
http://onwebdev.blogspot.com/  (English)