Re: [CSS 2.1] cases that do not pass in any browser

From: Gabriele Romanato <gabriele.romanato@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:50:44 +0200
Cc: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
To: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
1. http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100701/html4/abspos-005.htm

   Absolutely positioned tables are an interesting case. They should
create a BFC and so work exactly as a block-level element that has
been absolutely positioned. That just in theory.  If the goal of this
test is to hide the text 'Fail' with an absolutely positioned table,
then the stacking order is incorrect, since the table should come
later in the source (of course if I understand this test correctly).
Another interesting aspect is the set of coordinates used in this
test.  You could try to rewrite this test as follows:

html, body {
   height: 100%;
   min-height: 100%;
}

table {
   height: 100%;
   width: 100%;
   table-layout: fixed;
}

I can't test it right now. Let me know if this has helped you. If you
need more help, you can contact me on Saturdays and Sundays, because I
work a lot (sorry :-() this period. HTH Gabriele :-)

http://www.css-zibaldone.com
http://www.css-zibaldone.com/test/  (English)
http://www.css-zibaldone.com/articles/  (English)
http://onwebdev.blogspot.com/  (English)