Re: Review of cursor-023.htm (CSS test: PNG cursor) (chapter 18)

>>> Hm, interesting. I converted the image to PNG when converting the
>>> test for the CSS2.1 test suite. Maybe PNG is not a supported cursor
>>> format on some systems, but GIF is. I've added a copy in GIF as a
>>> fallback, please check if this solves the problem:
>>>     http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hixie/submitted/css2.1/ui/cursor-023.xht
>>
>> Fantasai,
>>
>> I loaded
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hixie/submitted/css2.1/ui/cursor-023.xht
>> in Firefox 3.6.6 under XP Pro SP3 and the test still fails. I even
>> edited the testcase with DOM Inspector to force Firefox 3.6.6 to try
>> load the url(support/cat.gif) image in the cursor declaration and it
>> still did not work. I also unchecked "Enable pointer shadow" in Mouse
>> settings (Control Panel/Mouse/Pointers tab) in Windows to make sure
>> such
>> setting would not interfere with the test but to no avail.
>>
>> I have given up. It's a mystery to me as to why Firefox 3.6.6 passes
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hixie/submitted/css2.1/ui/cursor-023.xht
>> in Linux KDE but fails in Windows XP Pro SP3.
>>
>> Image file format support (.gif versus .png) does not seem to be the
>> issue here. Maybe it's related to my os settings... but I doubt this.
>
> I guess that means either WinXP doesn't support GIF or PNG cursors, or
> Firefox
> does not have it implemented for the Windows API. It should have fixed
> the
> discrepancy in Safari's behavior, though, no?
>
> ~fantasai

Fantasai,

This testcase

http://the-dees.webs.com/iepp1/15-image-cursor.html

is passed by Firefox 3.6.6 under XP Pro SP3,
is passed by Firefox 3.6.6 under Linux KDE and
is passed by Safari 5.0 under XP Pro SP3.

http://the-dees.webs.com/iepp1/square.png
is 21px by 21px

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (beta 1; July 1st 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors:
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/