Re: margin-collapse-023.xht (was RE: 3 Microsoft margin collapsing tests (wrt float, clear and clearance))

From: Patrick Garies <pgaries@fastmail.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:19:43 -0600
To: css21testsuite@gtalbot.org
CC: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
On 2010-01-25 3:15 PM, GĂ©rard Talbot wrote:
>>> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_8/
>>> margin-collapse-023.xht
> One linguistic nitpick.
>
> Please add the preposition "to" in the assert. Even in French, the verb
> adjoin requires the "to" preposition in such sentence. Section 8.3.1
> uses such "to" preposition too in such sentence.

> clearance then the bottom margin of its previous sibling will
> not be adjoining its top margin." />
>
> should become

> clearance then the bottom margin of its previous sibling will
> not be adjoining to its top margin." />

Or you could just change "will not be adjoining to" to "will not adjoin".

Again, "its" should explicitly reference something for clarity.

Commas also help: "If a block-level sibling has clearance, then...". I
hate the habit that people have of omitting commas; splitting sentences
into discrete parts (via commas) makes things easier to read.