Re: sgml-comments-000.htm: Build process strips out SGML comment markers

On 02/27/2009 04:42 PM, Arron Eicholz wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/html4/sgml-comments-000.htm
>
> The HTML version of the test does not match the XHTML original [1]. The SGML
> comments are stripped out presumably due to the build system. All user agents
> fail this version of the test. This test is currently invalid and the build
> process should be updated to correctly handle the SGML comment syntax when
> building HTML cases.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/xhtml1/sgml-comments-000.xht

Hm. There's actually an error in the source code for that test. The <style>
contents should be wrapped in a CDATA section since in XHTML <style> elements
are parsed as PCDATA, not CDATA.

I've fixed the source of the test to use a CDATA section for the <style>
element. This should also fix the HTML version when I rebuild the tests.

http://test.csswg.org/source/approved/css2.1/src/syndata/sgml-comments-000.xht