RE: Question on Microsoft's min-width-percentage-003.xht test

>> Note if we remove this case then we need a case that can prove that
>> the text in the spec is valid. Or we need to remove the text since it
>> isn't testable.
>
>Realistically speaking, how can an user agent fail such test?

User agents can only fail this test if they crash or fail to render anything on the page. In my opinion this is not really testing for the user agents its just for the spec coverage itself.

> Mr Eicholz: One "nitpick" correction to do about

Not 'nitpicky' at all. In fact I appreciate your attention to detail and finding issues like this.

> min-width-percentage-002.xht
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_10/min-width-percentage-002.xht
>
> The meta assert says
> "If the containing block's width is negative, ..."
>
> but the containing block's width is:
>
>            div
>            {
>                margin-right: -10px;
>                width: 0;
>            }
>
>so negative or 0 has to be corrected.

I have corrected both cases now (min-width-percentage-002 and max-width-percentage-002). Please feel free to take a look. They now end up with a calculated width that is negative. This should now properly cover this scenario.

--
Thanks,
Arron Eicholz