Gérard Talbot wrote:

> 2- Arron:
>
> All the Microsoft tests in section 14.1 are duplicated.

Duplicated with which tests? I see no boundary test cases for any of the RGB values except for the ones we submitted. Could you point me to some of the files that they are duplicated to? Pointing to the background-color test cases is not accurate because an implementation can implement color and background-color in separate ways and at separate times. We cannot make assumptions how implementers will implement features thus the appearance of duplication in some/many tests.

> Mere guess here: there are 2 link rel="help"
>
> {
> eg
>  <link rel="help"
> href="http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/colors.html#propdef-color">
>  <link rel="help" href="http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/colors.html#colors">
> }
>  which point to the same reference, same spot in the CSS 2.1 spec when I
> think only
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/colors.html#colors
>
> should be used since
>
> "Links should link to relevant sections within the CSS 2.1 Specification
>
> Use the anchors from the CSS 2.1 Specification Table of Contents "
>
> http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1/format#specification-links

There are both help links because the first help link is more accurate to what is actually being tested. The second is pointing to the section heading in the TOC. The guidelines need to be updated to clarify that this is a good practice though not a required practice.

--
Thanks,
Arron Eicholz