[RC4] margin-collpase-108 is currently invalid

From: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 01:01:14 +0000
To: "fantasai (fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net)" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
With the recent change to the margin-collpase-108 test case there are still additional issues that need to be resolved to make the case valid.

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101210/html4/margin-collapse-108.htm

The case applies 'border-bottom' as '0.04px' this will not do anything since the border style is still set to 'none'. Thus the case cannot layout correctly as it assumes that borders prevent margin collapsing and there is no border to prevent margin collapsing.

In order to fix the case I recommend the following:

   table { border-spacing: 0; font-size: 50px; border: solid white; background: red; }
   td { padding: 0; }

   /* colors */
   .test, .control { background: lime; }
   .a { background: aqua; color: aqua; }
   .b { background: yellow; color: yellow; }

   /* test */
   .test .a { margin: 0 0 1em 0; }
   .test .c { margin: 1em 0 1em 0;
              border-bottom: 0.04px solid lime; }
   .test .b { margin: 1em 0 0 0; }

   /* control */
   .control .a { margin: 0 0 2em; }
   .control .c { border-bottom: 0.04px solid lime; }

I have added a div "c" to the control section and applied the border style to the "c" element in both the test and the control.

--
Thanks,
Arron Eicholz