A few notes from testing PrinceXML

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 16:55:43 +0100
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
Hello public-css-testsuite,

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101027/xhtml1/

page-break-margins-004.xht
"  There may or may not be a yellow background below;
      however, there must not be a one half inch tall yellow bar below."
What if the background below is half an inch tall? This could be clearer. I can't tell if this is a pass or not. I see yellow; don't know if its a "background" or a "bar".

page-margin-001
"The top edge of the
box should be exactly halfway down the
page, and the right edge of the box should be
exactly half way across the page (You can
test this by folding the page in half)."
Now the lcd screen on my laptop is broken in half, what should I do?
Suggested improvement: "... in half, for physical printout. For on screen page preview,
screen capture the page and compare with a 180degree rotated copy, in a paint program."

xhtml1/page-props-100-a
Typo Ths -> This

page-props-102
Is it possible to fail this test, in terms of margin placement?
"This content should be entirely on the right side of
the page (but might instead have margins like the
first page)."

allowed-page-breaks-001c
On page 2 it says: "The letters 'a' through 'd' should be printed
across this page and the next."
So, the test requires three pages for a pass? Should be stated explicitly on first page.

margin-collapse-clear-*
"The coloured bars on the left should match the coloured boxes in the black box."
in terms of colour, or size, or order of colours irrespective of size, or ....
I assume that its the colour and the height of the color bars and the order of colours from left to right which must match.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG