On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 17:07:31 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> And in particular, the test I think we should add is this one:
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
>    <head>
>        p { color: red; }
>        [
>        p { color: red !important; }
>        p { color: red !important; }
>        ] p { color: red !important; }
>        p { color: green; }
>    </head>
>
> Any objections to me just adding this to the test suite?

Hm, if "the rules for matching pairs" refers to 4.1.6 as you say, that
section is actually about blocks, and the "matching pairs" bit regards
what's "[i]n between" the outer curly braces.

In "Malformed Statements", it says to parse "by reading until the end of
the statement". And according to 4.1.7 a selector "consists of everything
up to (but not including) the first left curly brace".

This seems to suggest that the second !important is within a valid
ruleset. I don't know, it doesn't seem very clear...

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA