Reftests info in metadata

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 14:44:17 +0100
To: CSS-testsuite <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 09:25:52 +0100, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>  * oyvind wishes reftests could have a link to the ref in <meta>

This was also mentioned later on ("ref" should be "reference(s)" since
there could be several of them; what type of match to do is also relevant
since there will be both "equal" and "different" in the future).

I think it would be useful since I, for one, usually start out with just a
URL to the test when analyzing things. Having to look it up in the reftest
index (or use the harness somehow) can be cumbersome. And I think it's
worthwhile to have tests be functional and understandable by themselves,
so that the single URL is sufficient.

(Ideally, I think best practice should include writing the pass condition
somewhere in the actual page whenever possible, but for existing tests I
can understand that it won't be feasible.)

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA