Re: [CSS 2.1] cases that do not pass in any browser

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 01:30:42 -0700 (PDT)
To: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
Cc: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
Arron Eicholz wrote:

> Cases determined correct:
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100701/html4/font-family-name-022.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100701/html4/font-family-name-023.htm

These two were not correct given the change in font family name
quoting rules.  See CSS 2.1 issue 114 for more details.

I've checked in updated versions that conform to the new rules.

> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100701/html4/font-weight-bolder-001.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100701/html4/font-weight-lighter-001.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100701/html4/font-weight-normal-001.htm

As noted previously, these are optional tests for browsers that
support more than simple regular/bold/italic/bold italic font
families (translation: browsers using Windows GDI). We should
probably pull them out of the general test list (if the build
system allows that) and append a note somewhere about these.

John Daggett