Media Queries Tests

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:46:09 -0400
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
[ This was in response to discussion that started on w3c-css-wg. ]

I posted Mozilla's main media queries tests at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009Apr/att-0063/test_media_queries.html
(These exclude the zoom/text zoom tests, the tests related to
XBL-related dynamic changes, and the printing tests, which are in
reftest format.  The printing tests could probably also be used
cross-browser, except they have to be run at a particular unusual
page size.  They're also in reftest format, which the group doesn't
tend to like.)

What I posted includes 355 tests in one file, plus some separate
support files, i.e., pieces of MochiKit and their test harness
(which I think the DOM test suite also uses).

I think what I posted is currently MPL/LGPL/GPL tri-licensed
(although some of it might already be covered by a compatible but
broader license), but relicensing might not be too hard if the WG
were interested in using them.

I hadn't posted these before because I assumed the working group
wouldn't accept tests in this format, but perhaps I'm wrong.

-David