Re: attribute-value-selector-004.xht not well formed

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 00:34:06 +0100
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
* Sylvain Galineau wrote:
>Bjoern, the attribute prevents the document from rendering in that
>format. It will render in HTML but will still be invalid so we
>won't get out of the invalid markup state by changing format.

If you want a test case for the particular case under discussion, and
browsers do not implement some language that allows attribute names to
begin with an ascii digit, then there is really no alternative, so I'm
not sure why you bring that up, you just said we can't expect to use
only fully conforming markup.