RE: attribute-value-selector-004.xht not well formed

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:31:26 -0700
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
> What the spec requires is dropping the entire rule, which is a
> stronger requirement than what you're testing for (failing to match
> one selector within it), not a weaker one.

Again, I do like the idea of adding a selector to the rule to verify the entire rule is dropped which is to say I prefer this:

p { color: green; }
p, [1badAttr] { color: red; }

This tells me the entire rule was not applied vs. assuming that if p is green therefore [1badAttr] was dropped also because....that's what the spec says should happen if you do things properly !?

I don't think that's stronger than the test above which does verify that the entire rule was dropped, not just half of it.