RE: attribute-value-selector-004.xht not well formed

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:09:20 -0700
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
> And how can you possibly test for it given that any
> correct implementation is going to throw the rule out anyway?

That seems circular. Should we test user agents under the assumption that their implementation is correct ? I'm not quite sure I understand why XHTML or HTML well-formedness should take precedence over test coverage when that could allow a buggy implementation to pass the test *and* select the attribute.