t1605-c545-txttrans-00-b-ag.htm: background image is inaccurate

From: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:25:42 -0800
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/html4/t1605-c545-txttrans-00-b-ag.htm

The test case background image is currently off by a few pixels.

These are the characters in question: (.. Does 'text-transform: capitalize' change the case of the ''?

According the Unicode 5.1.0 standard UAX#29 [1] the word boundary rules that apply in this case are as follows:

The first part ( falls into the WB14 rule and is considered an Any  Any case. In this case the  will be capitalized. This is because the parentheses do not fall into any of the other rules.

The second part . falls into the WB7 rule. Because the first  and the . are adjoining and in this case we do not break the word so we cannot capitalize the second .

The test case is currently invalid. The background image needs to be updated to properly match the described spec behavior.

[1] http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr29/tr29-13.html#Word_Boundaries

--
Thanks,
Arron Eicholz