Re: CSS Namespaces Module Test Suite

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 17:34:45 -0800
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: public-css-testsuite@w3.org

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 10:33:41 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> wrote:
>> It seems syntax-012.xml has an issue unfortunately. Apparently the
>> url() token can no longer have comments between the parenthesis. So
>> that test needs changing. However, I would sort of like to figure out
>> what should happen when you have comments there, as it seems browsers
>> do something weird.
>
> FWIW, I fixed syntax-012.xml and added a test to syntax-013.xml to cover
> the particular parsing issue of url().

+   @namespace x url('test' x);
+   @namespace y url(test);
+   y|t5 { background:lime }
+   x|t5 { background:red }

should be redone as

+   @namespace url(test);
+   @namespace url('test' x);
+   t5 { background: lime }

because with the way it's currently written, you can't tell if the rule
has been thrown out or if it's matching against the namespace string
'test x' or something like that.