Re: [CSS21] Creation of Testsuite Snapshot

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 01:53:03 -0500
To: James Hopkins <james@idreamincode.co.uk>
CC: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
James Hopkins wrote:
> In order to make sure that all areas of the spec are covered by the time
> the suite hits REC, I believe it would be beneficial to publish a basic
> report of the current testsuite, which would identify any areas of the
> spec that aren't adequately included in the current version. Based on
> these results, the Owner(s) or Peers could then prioritize areas of the
> testsuite for development/contribution categorized by specification
> section. The resulting snapshot would highlight any sections that have
> inadequate test coverage, which would provide some direction to
> Contributors, emphasizing what areas they should focus their development
> on.

I think this is a really good idea, and I'll work on it. :)

If you can make sure the filenames for your tests don't conflict
with the filenames for any other tests, that would help a lot;
publishing a snapshot with the current scripts requires flattening
the directory structure.

I've made a list of all filenames on the server here:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009Dec/att-0052/filename-list2.html
Duplicates are highlighted. (It's a long file: 2.6MB in a table.)