Explaination request.

From: Robert Stam <robert@tallcomponents.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:16:11 -0500
To: <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

I have reviewed the file:

However I did not expect that a conform css parser will resume on the
.test rule after the

/* missing close paren is invalid */ is finished.
I expect that the parser will goto the </style> tag, effectively
removing the rest of the CSS.
Can somebody please explain (with CSS 2.1 in mind) why this test should
proceed with .test as separate rule.
Thanks  in advance.

Note: I viewed this XHTML with the IE8 BETA2 Developer tools (CSS tab)
and it's doing what I expect (dropping everyting after the last span

Best Regards,

Robert Stam