Explaination request.

From: Robert Stam <robert@tallcomponents.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:16:11 -0500
To: <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
Hello,

I have reviewed the file:

http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/Print/1.0/20070802/t0302-conform-01-b.h
tm

However I did not expect that a conform css parser will resume on the
.test rule after the

/* missing close paren is invalid */ is finished.

I expect that the parser will goto the </style> tag, effectively
removing the rest of the CSS.

Can somebody please explain (with CSS 2.1 in mind) why this test should
proceed with .test as separate rule.

Thanks  in advance.

Note: I viewed this XHTML with the IE8 BETA2 Developer tools (CSS tab)
and it's doing what I expect (dropping everyting after the last span
rule).

Best Regards,

Robert Stam

TallComponents