Re: CSS 2.1 tests: again (VII)

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:30:51 -0700
To: Gabriele Romanato <gabriele.romanato@gmail.com>
CC: css test <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

Gabriele Romanato wrote:
> Just finished to upload the new tests:
>
> http://www.css-zibaldone.com/test/more/

cascade0.html

This test is covered by
   http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/xhtml1/t060401-c32-cascading-00-b.xht
already, so unless we're going for splitting up that test,
I don't think we should add it. It's a good test, though.

cascade1.html

This one isn't already covered. I'd make the text bold
and use the existing support/a-green.css style sheet, but
it's also acceptable as-is.

important0.html

This one's covered by
   http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/xhtml1/t060402-c31-important-00-b.xht

important1.html

This one isn't, though. :) I'd make the text bold, but
otherwise it looks good.

inheritance0.html
inheritance1.html

These don't test inheritance. I'm not sure what they're testing,
maybe background-color defaulting to transparent.

specificity0.html
specificity0.html
specificity0.html

These are all good tests. The :first-line ones need
   white-space: nowrap
applied to the table, and the text should all be bold.

I'd also trim the <title>s so they're more compact (they really
don't need all the section headers) and make the assertion specific
to what exactly is being tested. But otherwise they're good.