Re: Licensing

On Wednesday 12 March 2008, fantasai wrote:
> > is not a licensing issue.
>
> It's a non-issue for the MWI, but it's a real issue for anyone else
> wanting to create a similar test harness.

The only issue why MWI is not using the CSS model to change the
harness and keep the tests untouched is that the mobile browsers
haven't implemented the object tag yet -as needed by this solution.

As the community you talk about can use the object tag, the MWI
testsuite restrictions do not apply. So please do not use the MWI
example as it is not a good expression of what you really mean. You
mean using the "official" testsuite for debugging and product
development.

I'm aware of this use cases you are talking about and I am aware that
the collaboration on tests outside the Working Group needs a
satisfactory solution. We have some ideas around it, but it is
completely open whether they will materialize or whether we stick
with a more conservative approach. One of the open question is how to
make sure that knowledge and tests are feed back into the "official"
testsuite as releasing should not be a one way street. (note the
quotation marks around "official", as I'm still unsure what that
means)

Best,

Rigo