Re: CSS2.1 i18n and bidi tests for review

From: Eira Monstad <eiram@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:31:05 +0200
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: public-css-testsuite@w3.org

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:26:24 +0200, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

> Eira Monstad wrote:
>>  Cheers,
>>  I've been working on some bidi related tests for the 2.1 testsuite, as
>> well as converting a few of Richard Ishida's tests for language
>> dependent styling to match the testsuite template. The tests are ready
>> for review at http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/
>
> http://people.opera.com/eiram/test/css21/review/bidi-display-block-001.xht
>
> So the assertion here is
>    "An inline with display:block should be treated as a paragraph
>     in the bidi algorithm"
>
> How would the test fail? You'd get the same result if the <span>s
> were still inline and the text wrap point happened to fall in
> between, no?

Yes, you should.

This test isn't any different, logically, from checking that a bidi
paragraph boundary is applied on <br>. Opera had bugs on this back when
bidi was first implemented, so it's a good thing to check even though it
seems obvious that the two lines would be the same.

I've modified the test a bit to make it a tad more complex, could
potentially catch a bug or two that the previous version didn't. The logic
of the test it the same though.

--
Eira Monstad
CoreQA

Furthermore, it is my opinion that BTS2 must be destroyed