-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Connolly [mailto:connolly@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 2:35 PM

Let's see... no, I guess that's the most clear record:

"<fantasai> Anne wants a W3C lawyer to attend to discuss licensing

<fantasai> DanC says that MIT has been approved"
 -- http://www.w3.org/2007/11/09-html-wg-minutes.html

Is something more formal wanted or needed?

I got approval to contribute my own work under the MIT license,
and as far as I know, it's OK for the HTML WG as a whole
to use the MIT license.

As to an announcement on behalf of the HTML WG... the HTML WG
hasn't made any test suite licensing decisions. I think
the people interested in test suite development can work
for some time without any formal decision from the HTML WG.
If you think a formal decision is important, please let me know.