Re: Licensing

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, fantasai wrote:

> This is not being very helpful. I can add your tests right now under
> both the BSD, MIT, or Apache license (or all three) and the W3C Document
> License grant, but I cannot add them if you refuse to license them under
> the W3C license.

I want the whole test suite licensed under BSD or MIT (or Apache v2), not
just my tests.

> If these are the terms of your contribution, you should have mentioned
> that in your message in September.
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2007Sep/0010.html

At the time I was not aware that the W3C had such a ridiculous policy.
Indeed, I would have insisted we change the license on the Selectors test
suite many years ago if I had realised the W3C's policy. I only became
aware of the issue at the HTML working group F2F meeting, and since that
test suite was quickly resolved to be covered by the MIT license, I had no
worries that there would be a problem with the CSS tests. Clearly I was
mistaken.

> Arron Eischolz has already put in many hours reviewing your tests to
> prep them for adding to the test suite.

Incidentally, I would recommend anyone reviewing or working with these
tests to contact me, so that I can keep their needs in mind. Did Arron
find any problems that I should resolve?