Re: version control

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:51:46 +0100, fantasai
> <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>>>  It certainly does. The CSS WG has a public mailing list for donating
>>> tests, public-css-testsuite@w3.org, but that doesn't work well if you
>>> want to evolve something over time. Therefore a small "open source"
>>> project somewhere would probably work. I'd be happy to contribute.
>>
>> The CSS WG also has space on dev.w3.org CVS for hosting tests. Or do you
>> not like using CVS? :)
>
> Well, as I said elsewhere in this thread it might be complicated for
> non-W3C-members to get an account there and contribute.  As for CVS...

I guess it depends on whether we can restrict access to a given subdirectory.
I know Mozilla can do it, but I don't know if it's through CVS or some other
tool. As for CVS... It's fine for specs, but for tests a DVCS system would
be nice. Then people could work together off-site, and be able to merge that
into the access-restricted official repository. I *wish* we had a playpen for
CSS tests, it'd make it easier to accept tests and help contributors improve
them while keeping the official set under tight control.

Don't know much about version control systems, though... just something to
think about.