Convention for tests proving initial values?

From: Grant, Melinda <melinda.grant@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 01:46:06 +0000
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
I'm wondering if there is a de facto convention or if we should establish an explicit one for testing of initial values.  How many elements of the host language do we need to test to 'prove' an initial value is what the spec states?  All elements to which the property applies, for completeness?  One?  Something in between?

Best wishes,

Melinda

Melinda S. Grant
Melinda Grant Consulting