Re: page-break-after proposed tests

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:56:26 -0400
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

Grant, Melinda wrote:
> fantasai:
>> Grant, Melinda wrote:
>>> One of us should make sure the end of test is clearly indicated on the
>>> tests we have accepted.
>>
>> I can do that programmatically in the build scripts if you
>> tell me exactly what you want.
>
> Well, it certainly would be the easy way to go...  Hopefully we won't
> bump our heads on some test design that can't tolerate a header being
> tacked on at the end... ;-)
>
> Add to style element:
> 	h3.endtest {clear: both;}
>
> Prepend to end body tag:
> <h3 class="endtest">End of Test</h3>
>
> S'ok?

Actually, now that I think about it, there could be quite a few tests
that can't handle something like this. Many things with floats or absolute
positioning, for example, since those elements are out-of-flow -- the
End of Test marker would be on the first page instead of the last!

Does CSS3 Paged Media introduce a counter for the total number of pages?
IIRC an earlier draft of *something* had one. We could use that. Otherwise
I think manually adding a sentence on the page-breaking tests indicating
the number of expected pages would be the way to go. (I don't think we
can or should do that for every test, just the page-breaking ones.)