Re: Assumptions about UA default style sheets

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 00:34:32 +0200, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> I've added the general assumptions used throughout the test suite to the
> index page:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/CSS/CSS2.1-test-suite/data/index.html
>
> Any style rule that's /not/ covered by that list is game for being
> explicitly added to or overridden in a test if an implementor complains
> that his UA's default style sheet doesn't meet the test's expectations.
>
> If an HTML UA's default style sheet doesn't match those style rule
> assumptions, then it has bigger problems than passing the CSS2.1 test
> suite.

You missed thead, etc.

Also, I wonder what all the fuss is about. If a testcase renders different
in two desktop browsers because of the default style sheet isn't that a
good reason for aligning more? Are there any concrete examples where this
is found to be a problem?

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>