Re: Assumptions about UA default style sheets

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:56:55 -0700
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
On Thursday 2007-06-28 04:54 -0000, Grant, Melinda wrote:
> Importing the style sheet in App D would remove these variances.

I would hope that a goal of the test suite would be to improve real
interoperability, not just to ensure that implementations comply
with the letter of the spec no matter how badly they handle real
content.  Even if the spec doesn't explicitly forbid things, I think
we should still be able to expect reasonable behavior.  (At least
given the current state of the formalism in the spec.)

And if implementors have reasonable variations in the UA style sheet
that they think we should account for in the test suite, we can
handle those on an as-needed basis, as I think we already agreed to
do.

-David