Rules in the spec that are only for HTML

From: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 07:42:07 -0700
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

There are some rules in the CSS spec that only apply to HTML. How do we create these cases when we create all cases using an XHTML template?

I am recommending that we create these case as valid HTML following the same template as the XHTML (with some minor changes) and mark the test in the flags section with "-XHTML".

Changes that would have to be made for this type of case:

flags meta element would need to have a flag identifying that this case is not valid for XHTML.
case needs to be written in HTML strict (change the doctype)
need to remove the xmlns attribute from the html start tag
need to remove the closing slashes from empty elements

We may also need a flag for cases that don't apply to HTML as well since there are other scenarios that do not apply to HTML. In this case I recommend a flag of "-HTML"

Arron Eicholz