Rules in the spec that are only for HTML

From: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 07:42:07 -0700
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

There are some rules in the CSS spec that only apply to HTML. How do we create these cases when we create all cases using an XHTML template?

I am recommending that we create these case as valid HTML following the same template as the XHTML (with some minor changes) and mark the test in the flags section with "-XHTML".

Changes that would have to be made for this type of case:

 *
flags meta element would need to have a flag identifying that this case is not valid for XHTML.
 *
case needs to be written in HTML strict (change the doctype)
 *
need to remove the xmlns attribute from the html start tag
 *
need to remove the closing slashes from empty elements

We may also need a flag for cases that don't apply to HTML as well since there are other scenarios that do not apply to HTML. In this case I recommend a flag of "-HTML"

--
Thanks,
Arron Eicholz