Image formats

From: Grant, Melinda <melinda.grant@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 21:40:28 -0600
To: <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-css-wg@w3.org>
So far, the images utilized by the test suite are all png images.
This is unfortunate from a Print perspective, because CSS Print UA's are
only required to support jpeg images.
I see two options for testing the CSS Print profile:
1.  Create parallel tests, using jpeg images, for all tests containing
2.  Convert (most? all?) existing images to jpeg and modify existing
tests to utilize the jpeg images.
Are there other options we should consider?
Which approach would the group prefer?  I have a tentative preference to
convert and modify so we have one format to maintain rather than two.
Best wishes,

HP  -   Melinda Grant
Connectivity Standards
Consumer Printing and Imaging