Re: flag for print tests with headers

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 16:50:11 -0400
To: "Grant, Melinda" <melinda.grant@hp.com>
CC: public-css-testsuite@w3.org

Grant, Melinda wrote:

> fantasai said:
>
>> I'd have to scan for any of the margin boxes in that case, as
>> their sizes interact. Actually, what would be better is for
>> the CSS3 Page tests we should just add the headers as actual
>> content, like I did with the first version of the xhtml1print
>> format. Or add them as actual content only on pages with '@page'.
>
> I'm thinking it might be best for css3-page tests to not get headers via
> the build process: it should be up to the author to include headers as
> appropriate for the test.
>
> If there are no opinions to the contrary, I'll so update the wiki
> documentation. Could you likewise update the makefile and documentation?

There's no build process for CSS3-Page yet. CSS2.1 paged media tests
don't use page headers because they don't exist in CSS2.1, so I think
we're safe letting the build process add those.

I think

   '@page' not found -> use margin box headers
   '@page' exists -> use document content headers

should work fine for CSS3 Page, though. Do you have a test in mind
that wouldn't work under such a system?