RE: Additional flags needed

> fantasai wrote:

> > Arron Eicholz wrote:
> > Yes there is one more. What about the examples just before section
> 17.3? Those are XML only
> > examples and not valid HTML or XHTML. This is one of the times where
> you need the XMLonly flag.
>
> You can test those by using div+class with the table display types.

But the example is XML <HBOX> is not a standard tag in any XHTML or HTML. Yes this can be tested using div+class but then the example is different. Every example needs a test for it because this is the specific specified case that the spec says should work. If that isn't a valid example then it should be removed from the spec.

> > I think you have convinced me that there is no current need for the
> XHTMLonly flag since XHTML
> > should work for XML as well.
>
> Not sure what you mean here.

I was thinking about the conversion from XHTML to XML. This should have no problem when the build tries to convert the XHTML to other formats like XML format. This is a non issue from my point of view now. The 'nonHTML' flag works for all of our scenarios.

> > In the case of a frameset case where you need to load another page in
> order for the test to work
> > properly. This case is in section 17.6.1 where you need a frameset
> for the case. Currently we are
> > using the flag 'file' but it's not standard yet and personally I
> think it's to generic.
>
> I don't see why the use of support files would need to be flagged
> specially.
> What do you need the flag for?

We have flags for all other file types (images, ahem, font) it seemed like it would make sense to also do the same for the cases that require additional support files like additional XHTML files in the case of frames. These flags are calling out prerequisites and since it is required that you have the support image file load in cases that use images I now have a case where my file is an XHTML file and it is required to load for the case to be correct.

--
Thanks,
Arron Eicholz